Privacy Notice for guests booking with SANDOWN PROPERTIES LTD
Data controller: Sandown Properties LTD
Sandown Properties LTD is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Sandown Properties LTD collects, stores and processes personal data relating to guests in order to provide holiday rental accommodation. This privacy notice sets down how Sandown Properties LTD collects and uses personal information about you before, during and after your stay at any of our managed properties.
Sandown Properties LTD (“Sandown Properties LTD”) collects, stores and processes personal data relating to guests in order to provide:
- A comprehensive holiday let service for all our guests which comprises of finding guests suitable accommodation, securing a booking, taking deposits and balances and all other aspects of a fully managed holiday let company.
This privacy notice sets down what personal information Sandown Properties LTD collects, why it is collected, how it is held and what information is processed by Sandown Properties LTD and with whom.
Sandown Properties LTD is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Sandown Properties LTD is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
- Data Protection Principles
Sandown Properties LTD will comply with data protection law. This means that the personal information we hold about guests must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have explained to you clearly and not used in any way that is incompatible with these purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited to those purposes only;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only for such time as is necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.
- What information does Sandown Properties LTD collect and process?
Sandown Properties LTD collects and processes some personal information (personal data) about you. Personal data means any information about an individual from which the person can be identified. As a guest, the information that we collect about you may include;
- Identity and personal contact details, such as your name, title, address, email address, telephone number, car registration;
- next of kin, dependants and emergency contacts;
- Bank account details
- Letting details including arrival date, departure date number of occupancies, dependencies and pets
- Letting payment records including any monies paid and when;
- Notices and correspondence regarding your holiday let booking
- General correspondence in all formats (letters, emails, text messages etc);
- Data sent from web browser to Sandown Properties LTD server (including pages visited and time and date and duration on Sandown Properties LTD websites);
We may also collect, store and use the following special categories of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about medical or health conditions, including whether or not you have a disability for which Sandown Properties LTD may need to make adaptations for.
Sandown Properties LTD may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data may be collected during the booking process and through correspondence during your stay.
In some cases, Sandown Properties LTD collects personal data about you from third parties, such as:
- Websites or online rental portals such as holidaylettings (TripAdvisor)
Data is stored in a range of different places, including in paper files and on Sandown Properties LTD IT systems (including Sandown Properties LTD email system).
Sandown Properties LTD use non-persistent cookies our across our website to help enhance user experience and help make visits to our site more effective.
Cookies are small data files which are sent from a web server to a web browser, and, depending on the type of cookie being used, either expire at the end of a browsing session or are stored until a set date.
For further information visit: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
- Why does Sandown Properties LTD process personal data?
Sandown Properties LTD needs to process data to consider any proposed holiday booking request, manage lettings and in respect of landlord clients, perform the terms of our lettings service as agreed between Sandown Properties LTD and the landlord.
In addition, Sandown Properties LTD needs to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. Sandown Properties LTD also has a legitimate interest in processing personal data before, during and after the end of the letting period.
- Situations in which we will use your personal information
Situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below:
- To verify the identity of a proposed holiday letting
- To decide on the suitability of a proposed holiday let
- To enter into a holiday let agreement;
- To secure payment for a holiday let booking
- To collect any other payments due such as a damage deposit;
- To manage all aspects of the holiday let
- To handle complaints;
- To address health and disability issues relating to guests visiting
- To contact any next of kin or close relatives in case of an emergency;
- To store emails and other communications;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- To bring and defend legal claims;
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime and anti-social behaviour;
- To take payment for the services provided by Sandown Properties LTD;
- To perform our booking terms and conditions
- To provide you with general updates in relation to the property market and information relating to Sandown Properties LTD’s services in accordance with your express consent.
- If you fail to provide personal information
If you do not provide certain information when requested, Sandown Properties LTD may not be able to proceed with the booking.
Change of purpose
Sandown Properties LTD will only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will advise you of this and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
You should be aware that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
- Use of sensitive personal information
Some special categories of personal data, such as information about health or medical conditions, are processed to comply with legal obligations (for example, in relation to guests with disabilities and for health and safety purposes).
- For how long do you keep data?
Sandown Properties LTD will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The period for which your data is held after the end of your stay is seven years.
Who is data shared with?
Your information will be shared internally, including with other members of staff employed by Sandown Properties LTD.
Sandown Properties LTD may also shares your data with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary in order to administer the relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. Information can be shared with:
- Police/enforcement agencies;
- Tenant’s/resident’s next of kin or close relatives in case of emergency;
- Owners of the property will receive confirmation of your booking which may include your email address, arrival date, departure date number of occupancies and the rental agreement price
- Contractors and trades people providing services at the property during your stay;
- Cleaners who handle the changeover of the property will receive confirmation of your booking which may include your email address, arrival date, departure date and number of occupancies
Sandown Properties LTD will not transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
- How does Sandown Properties LTD protect data?
Sandown Properties LTD takes the security of your data seriously. Sandown Properties LTD has internal policies and controls in place to prevent your data being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Details of these measures are available on request.
When Sandown Properties LTD engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
- Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please be sure to keep us informed if your personal information changes during the tenancy application process or during the course of a tenancy.
- Your Rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request (known as a “data subject access request”);
- require Sandown Properties LTD to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask Sandown Properties LTD to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests; and
- ask Sandown Properties LTD to suspend the processing of your personal data for a period of time if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you believe that Sandown Properties LTD has not complied with your data protection rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office to whom Sandown Properties LTD is registered with (Registration number ZA498907).